Saturday, March 26

a mountian to climb

Oh life. I usually find my life pretty boring. Contently boring. Sometimes we hear of stories and just thank heavens that it wasn't you or someone you know. Or think, 'how tragic-how could that have possibly happened?' I do believe things happen for a reason, although we might not be able to understand the purpose at that exact moment in time. My husband lost his younger brother last month, in a fatal car accident. He was only 20 years old. It's hard to understand why someone so young would get taken so early on. I am grateful for the teachings of the church that have helped calm those of us who are mourning this great loss. Instead of thinking that we will never see him again, we can look forward to the day that we will! He will be greatly missed, until we meet again. . .  .

Spencer Henry Bartholomew
5.22.90-2.12.11


On a different note and back to the contently boring life, Kyra is growing way too fast! :) She will be nine months next month and it seems like I just barely brought her home from the hospital last week! But I have a feeling that I will feel that way her whole life! She has her first tooth coming in. She is a much happier child than she was probably three months ago. I chalk it up to getting over the painful teething part (for now) and also being able to crawl around and pull herself up to things! I see her personality unfold more and more everyday.


Leaning against the couch...


Out for some dinner


Jordan and I have decided to move back to Logan! We just can't seem to get way from that town. We found a 3 bedroom apartment that will fit us just fine. We move in at the beginning of May, which will give us plenty of time to pack up all of our stuff and acquire certain furniture we don't have. We are currently living with Jordan's parents, and have been very grateful to have been here so long, but we are glad to be back out on our own! I am going crazy thinking of all the decorating that I will be able to do!! Gardening, sewing Kyra crib bedding (which will be a task for I have never sewed before but have always wanted to learn!), and deciding on color schemes in our kitchen, living area, and bathroom! 

I have had the opportunity to make a few cakes, in the last couple of months. I am slowly putting my Culinary Art skills to use! I have always been into baked goods, but I am furthering my knowledge of the master of cake baking and decorating. I have been for a few years but I am just now getting comfortable!   

A rockstar birthday cake for my friend's two year old!

Bring on the April showers and May flowers! My favorite time in Utah-when it gets WARM! I have decided to take on a goal: to run a half marathon in August! So I busted out my spandex shorts and sweat-bands and have been walking up a storm. Occasionally a jog. And soon to be a full on run! Wish me luck! :) 

1 comment:

  1. great post becca! It was wonderful talking with you the other day. you have a very cute little family, and I'm so happy to hear that you are content with your life :) awesome cake too by the way!

    ReplyDelete