Monday, June 21

still waiting

Being in my last month of pregnancy, I have graduated from going to the doc every two weeks to going every week. 7 days could be just the right amount of time I need to get some dilation or it could be the longest week ever and I don't dilate at all.

Well, I am more the second part. After the last two appointments I have had no change. I went from 0 cm to 1/2 cm. And am pretty much staying at the 1/2. I went into the hospital last Friday with contractions. They hooked me up to all the good stuff and checked me but I wasn't dilated anymore then the 1/2 cm. The nurse let me contract for about two hours and then came back to check me, in which I hadn't progressed any. So the dreaded words, "we are sending you home."

The chance that I would be coming back anytime later that day, to have this baby, were slim to none. We went home and walked. And walked. I walked so much my feet have doubled in size now. My contractions were still coming but started to taper out Saturday morning. One thing is clear, this baby does not want to come out yet.

My due date is the 27th. So I technically still have a week to go. For all of you who have been pregnant should understand how I feel, but I DO NOT want to hear anything like these (especially from the male species):

'the baby will come when she is ready' (duh. I can't reach in there and grab her out whenever I want!)

'your due date is just a guesstimate, you could still be weeks off' (next time you can carry the extra 60 pounds that I have and we'll call it good)

'you still haven't had that baby yet?' (obviously not, or I wouldn't look like a huge whale still)

I am in no mood for this waiting game anymore. Ha. So I am holing myself up in my apartment so I don't have to go out and get the awful stares and annoying comments. Maybe something exciting will happen this week, probably not, or maybe the doc will take pity on me and induce me next Monday instead of letting me go till 41 WEEKS AH!
We shall see...

On a less annoyed note, Jordan and I celebrated FOUR years of being together last Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment